COVID-19: Information and Guidance for Social or Community Care and Residential Settings
This guidance is to give advice about COVID-19 (previously known as novel coronavirus 2019) for those working in social or community care and residential settings. Social and community care is taken to include:
- Long-term conditions services
- Rehabilitation services
- Community healthcare services
- Community-based services for people with mental health needs
- Community-based services for people with a learning disability
- Community social care (domiciliary care services including those provided for children)
- Community-based services for people who misuse substances
- Local authority social work fieldwork services
- Residential children’s homes, including secure children’s homes
- Care home services with nursing
- Care home services without nursing
- Support to people in their own homes, either from a service or from staff directly employed by the supported
This guidance covers:
• What COVID-19 is and how it is spread.
• Advice on how to prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19.
• Setting-specific information and advice is also included in, or is linked to from, this guidance.
Read the guidance, here.