Have your say on how Social Work England operates
BASW England is asking members for feedback on the new regulator’s framework
Social Work England (SWE) have launched their first public consultation on Social Work England’s appointment rules, which form part of the legislative framework underpinning the work of the organisation.
SWE will be the new, specialist regulator for all child, family and adult social workers in England.
The new regulator will be an independent public protection body, setting professional, education and training standards for social workers – replacing the current regulator, the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in 2019.
Share your views with BASW
BASW England would like you to feed into our consultation response by sharing your thoughts to help shape the way SWE operate. We are keen to hear your views on: -
- The appointment of advisers
- The establishment of panels of advisers
- Requirements and restrictions in relation to those appointed as case examiners, investigators and adjudicators for fitness to practise proceedings
- The role of inspectors appointed to inspect courses of education and training
How to get involved
If you would like to be part of a collective voice and have your say with BASW, please first download and read the following documents:
- Consultation document detailing the legislative context (Annex A), what the consultation will be addressing and how your response will be used
- Annex B, the proposed rules for advisers, which will be referenced in the consultation
- Annex C, the proposed rules for investigators, case examiners, adjudicators and inspectors
…. then email Wayne Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org with your views before 12th December 2018.
We will develop a collective response based on our members views and share this with you on the BASW website.