WORKSHOPS and SESSIONS – how to get involved
We are inviting interest for workshops and sessions at the BASW 2020 Annual conference, festival and AGM: A Social Work for the Future
- Date: Monday 22nd June and Tuesday 23rd June 2020
- Venue: Teaching and Learning Building, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT
- Conference timings – full details to be confirmed. Visit website for all available information.
Our aspiration is to involve a fantastic range of individuals and organisations to create a truly engaging and memorable experience. The overall theme of the conference is A Social Work for the Future. The conference will be exploring five topic threads that tie the whole conference theme together. We would like to hear how your session will fit within one of these five topics:
- Good practice: ethics, values, evidence
- International context
- Partnerships and relationships
- Social work in political context
- ‘Curating our past, creating our future’ What social work of tomorrow can learn from social work of yesterday.
How to get involved
A session can be in the form of a:
- Talk and discussion
- Film or other audio-visual presentation
- Other approach
Sessions should be planned to run for 45 minutes or a double session of 1 hour 45 minutes.
We would really like to hear a little more about your proposal.