Presenters of this webinar are:-
Matthew Bushell is the Team Manager for the Autistic Spectrum Conditions Team, based in Kent.
Philip Heslop qualified as a social worker in 1992 and joined Northumbria University as a senior lecturer in social worker and researcher in 2014. Philip's research focus is on care arrangements, particularly those with hidden disabilities and/ or special educational needs and autism specifically. His interest in autism stems from professional and personal experiences as my son is autistic and professional. Philip is a member of several local and national autism groups, including BASW's learning disability special interest group with autistic people and people who have a learning disability.
Sylvia Stanway is an autistic woman and mother of autistic/PDA children and volunteer for Autism West Midlands.
- Alert cards for autistic adults and adults with health needs
- Launch of Capabilities Statement for Social Work with Autistic Adults
CPD resource emphasises relationship-based social work in securing the human rights of autistic adults
- Capabilities Statement for Social Work with Autistic Adults
Framework to support social work practice with autistic adults
- Capabilities Statement and CPD Pathway
Frameworks to support social work practice with adults who have learning disabilities.
- Professional Capabilities Framework (PCF)
The PCF is a framework for the nine levels of social work in England. Identify which level you are, define your professional capabilities and develop your career.
- Professional practice guidance for Safeguarding Adults during Covid-19 Pandemic
- Social work resources during coronavirus