An opportunity has arisen in the Association for an enthusiastic and dynamic officer to join the BASW UK Policy and Research team. Working with active members, key stakeholders, service users and BASW staff you will lead on and develop policy for UK social work and promote ethics and human rights.
Working with engaged members to get concepts and ideas, and incorporating research, you will translate this material in to documents and resources for members and the profession. The dynamic of the post is therefore both fast moving and outward facing.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate, preferably from a policy development and/or a research background to join an established organisation with a recognised commitment to social work and social workers.
You will need to be
- Up to date on current policy issues in social work (UK wide and/or nation specific).
- Up to speed on research in a relevant field
- Have experience of delivering discrete projects or working as part of a project delivery team.
- Experience or knowledge of social work internationally welcomed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working in demanding situations with conflicting time scales and priorities.
Applications must be submitted by email using the application form no later than 10am Monday 21st September 2020 to email@example.com . We do not accept CV’s.
Long-listed applicants will be invited to complete a work-related virtual skills assessment 29th September 2020.
Short-listed applicants will then be invited to virtual interview on 2nd October 2020.