Jennifer Hunt DASS, CQSW, SAMBICA
Jennie is the Senior Infertility Counsellor at IVF Hammersmith, London. She is a founder member of the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA) and was the first chairperson
She is currently a member of the Accreditation Board for Infertility Counselling, Co-‐chair of the BICA Training Group and a member of the BICA Advisory Group.
Jennie is also a member of the Clinical Ethics Committee, Imperial College NHS Trust. She is an Honorary Fellow of the British Fertility Society and an Honorary Member of BICA.
Previous activities and responsibilities have included:
- Member of the King's Fund Working Party on Infertility Counselling, an Inspector for the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA);
- Board member of the HFEA also serving on a number of sub-‐committees including Ethics and Law, Information Management, Audit, Licensing, Compliance, Gamete and Donation Review and Code of Practice;
- Committee member of PROGRESS, campaigning for improved public awareness of the biomedical sciences and the dissemination of accurate information;
- BICA representative on the National Gamete Donation Trust Advisory Group, a national government-‐funded charity set up to raise awareness of and seek ways to alleviate the national shortage of sperm, egg and embryo donors in the UK;
- Member of the Working Party on Training for Infertility Counselling and the BICA/BFS Steering Group on Training for Infertility Counselling;
- Member of the Advisory Group to UK DonorLink, the UK Voluntary Contact Register for donor-‐conceived people and donors;
- Counselling representative on the British Fertility Society Executive Committee;
- Chair of British Infertility Counselling Association HFEA Register Counselling Project Steering Group. Work of this group resulted in the report ‘Opening the Record’ (2004).
- Chair of the Guidance on Good Practice in Infertility Counselling Group
Hunt, J. (2013) Cross border treatment for infertility: the counselling perspective in the UK. Human Fertility 16(1):64-‐7.
British Infertility Counselling Association (2006) Guidelines for Good Practice. BICA Publications. (Revised and updated 2012).
British Infertility Counselling Association (2004) ‘Opening the Record’: Planning the Provision of Counselling to People Applying for information from the HFEA Register. BICA Publications.
Afnan, M. and Hunt, J. (2003) Sex selection: The response of the British Fertility Society to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority consultation document. Human Fertility 6(1): 3-‐5.
Hunt, J. and Afnan, M. (2003) Sex selection: Choice and responsibility in human reproduction. Response of the British Fertility Society to the public consultation document. Human Fertility 6(1): 6–8.
Hunt, J. and Fleming R. (2002) Department of health donor information consultation: Providing information about gamete or embryo donors. Human Fertility 5(3): 97–98. 3