Whether you are a social worker, a person who has experienced social work services, a family member, policy maker, educator, employer or someone who cares about social work and its future, please consider submitting your essays and poems to the BASW Future of Social Work e-book project.
This project will gather diverse voices on the topic of where social work has come from, where it is going and where it needs to go. We are calling out for submissions that engage with hope and the possibilities for the future.
We want your submission under one of six headings (see below).
- Past forward: Building on social work’s foundations
- Transforming social work for a changing society
- Change the narrative: the future relationship between social work, citizens and the media
- What ‘good social work’ should look like in the next decade
- Working better together: changing conversations and relationships between social workers and people using services
- Social work ethics and values in practice: the next 50 years
What type of submission do you want?
We want one of the following:
- an essay up to 1500 words
- A poem of up to 50 lines
- A picture/photograph/other visual representation with up to ten lines of narrative that links the picture to one of the themes
Why get involved?
We will publish online all submissions that meet the call out criteria and terms and conditions. Everyone participating can therefore share their ideas and views with others.
Up to 50 submissions will be chosen by an independent panel and included in a free to access edited e-book. There will also be a special limited run of hard copies which will be sold for our charities and campaigns.
For information on how to apply, eligibility criteria contact Gabriella Zavoli at email@example.com