Last year BASW members, staff and the wider social worker community took the opportunity to support homeless shelters through the BASW eCard campaign and helped to raise more than £700 for homeless shelters across the UK. Your generosity made a real difference to the shelters supported.
This year you can help share festive wishes and support people facing homelessness by sharing our eCard and making a donation of your choice to the BASW JustGiving page, which is supporting four charities across the whole of the UK:
- Birmingham Christmas Shelter
- Welcome organisation, Belfast
- St Mary’s Hostel, North Wales Housing, Bangor
- FourSquare, Edinburgh
The eCard is available until the end of December and all donations will be split equally between the four shelters. Help us to make a real difference to peoples lives.
Ready to get started?
- Donate to the BASW JustGiving page
- Copy the e-card by right clicking and choosing copy and paste and drop the card into your email (or save a version to your computer and add as an attachment to an email)
- Share your festive wishes and support people facing homelessness.
“We would like to express our sincere thanks to everyone at the British Association of Social Workers for supporting The Welcome Organisation through this Christmas e-card campaign. We couldn’t deliver the level of service we do for people affected by homelessness without the support of members of the public and groups like the BASW. The money raised from this appeal will go directly towards our services for people affected by homelessness, including our Drop-In Centre, our Street Outreach service, our Crisis Accommodation for Women, our Floating Support service and our Welcome Home furniture project. You can find out more about what we do on our website:www.homelessbelfast.org”
Sandra Moore, CEO of The Welcome Organisation.