This event will feature social workers and social care workers from around the globe speaking about how they have practiced in a time of the pandemic and will be useful for anyone looking for examples of practice great social work in a time of a pandemic.
- Reflect on common challenges which Covid-19 has brought to social work.
- Identify what good practice looks like.
- Consider how you can improve your own practice.
- Compere: Mariam Raja, Lecturer and member of the BASW England social work in Disasters working group.
- Joachim Mumba, International Federation of Social Workers reflecting on Ubuntu in social work during Covid-19.
- Gayathri Kalathil, Social worker from India speaking about her work with tribal people in Kerala during Covid-19.
- Stephano Akuzike Joseph, Social worker from Malawi examining the impact of the pandemic on local communities.