Join BASW Online
We’d just like to tell you a few things before you start :
- BASW’s membership year runs from October to September. If you’re joining us part way through the membership year and want to pay annually, rather than on a monthly basis, a pro-rata fee will be applied.
- Anyone paying annually from 16 August 2015 to 15 September 2015 will be given a figure for the next 13 months (to include next year’s subscription). This will be one payment for September 2015 at the 2014-2015 rate added to 12 months (October 2015 to September 2016) at the 2015-2016 rate.
- Please note that from October 2015 membership of the Social Workers Union (SWU) will have an annual fee of up to £20, as decided by the SWU Executive, and we will be collecting an annual levy of £2 for the International Development Fund (IDF), as agreed at the BASW AGM 2014.
- We’ll contact you again before our new membership year starts in October, to let you know of any membership fee changes and to collect your next year’s subscription.
- Once you’ve joined today, you can access our all of our advice services immediately, but will only be entitled to be represented by our Advice and Representation team once you’ve been with us for over 3 months (except for pre-existing cases or issues that occur within the first three months of membership).
- From 1 October 2015, BASW members who do not wish to sign up to SWU can access our all of our advice services immediately but will only be entitled to be represented by our Advice and Representation team at regulatory body hearings once you’ve been with us for over 3 months (except for pre-existing cases or issues that occur within the first three months’ of membership).
- From 1 October 2015, BASW members who sign up to SWU and pay the additional membership fee will be entitled to access all the services above plus those provided through trade union membership, including representation at internal employment related hearings.
- Please note that any promotional discounts apply to your base membership only and not to any “additional membership options” such as journals or our “Independents” packages.
- If you live and work outside the UK, please e-mail our team at email@example.com
- For a limited time, members of The College of Social Work may access continuity of their TCSW insurance cover by joining BASW providing you are eligible and agree to the Terms & Conditions. Whilst TCSW members are welcome to join BASW at any time, you must join by 31 August 2015 in order to access the continued insurance cover*.
Step 1 of 3
Your employment status
* Terms & conditions apply. Eligible applicants must join BASW by 31 August 2015 with a valid payment method, and declare at joining they wish to access the continued professional indemnity and/or public liability insurance cover.