Resources for - BASW England and the Autism Alliance presents: What A Good Care Needs Assessment Looks Like: part of the Homes not Hospitals webinar series- 27.10.2020
Resources referenced in the 'Know Your Rights' webinar...
Tuesday 27th October 2020 12.30-1.30pm
Tweet about the event using #swlistening
Resources relating to Autistic Adults
- Capabilities Statement and CPD Pathway: Resources - Resources to support autistic people, social workers, social work organisations and educators.
- Toolkit for Autistic Adults - Outline of the toolkit and “how to” guide
- Post-qualifying training programmes - Resources to develop post-qualifying training programmes
- Latest resources to improve social worker support for autistic adults and adults with learning disability - including during the COVID-19 pandemic - Joint BASW and SCIE press release
Easy read versions
- Introduction to the toolkit for autistic adults (easy read)
- The role of the social worker and autistic adults (easy read)
- Feedback tool for autistic adults (easy read)
- The Capabilities Statement for Social Work with Autistic Adults – (easy read) - Framework to support social work practice with autistic adults
- Skills for Care framework
- SCIE guide for social workers
Education and Training
Social workers who work with, assess and commission for autistic people require additional, more specialist, knowledge and skills:
Information to support Good Care Needs assessments
Autism Alliance has produced a guide to support all health and social care professionals whilst carrying out a care needs assessment, this is compliant with all of the above legislation. This guide provides an overview of key elements to consider whilst undertaking a care needs assessment for autistic people/ND and references the law under the Autism Act 2009, the Care Act 2014 statutory guidance, Chapter 6: Assessment and Eligibility as well as other relevant legislation.