Local Safeguarding Children Board Chairs’ perspectives on responding to recommendations outlined in the Munro Review of Child Protection
Findings from a national survey
The Childhood Wellbeing Research Centre was commissioned by the Department for Education, on behalf of Professor Eileen Munro, to undertake a piece of rapid response work to explore how local areas were responding to recommendations outlined in her report, The Munro Review of Child Protection: Final Report. A Child Centred System (Cm 8062, 2011). In February 2012 an online survey was distributed to the Chairs of all 48 LSCBs in England to explore the following key issues:
- The potential implications of increasing local autonomy and reducing prescription by central government;
- Interagency working relationships to support effective safeguarding practice;
- Prevention and early help;
- Strengthening accountabilities and creating a learning system;
- Developing social work expertise and supporting effective social work practice.