Report of the 21st Century Social Work Review
The 21st Century Social Work Review was commissioned by Ministers in the summer of 2004. Its overall aim was to take a fundamental look at all aspects of social work in order to strengthen its contribution to the delivery of integrated services.
It had six main objectives:
- To clearly define the role and purpose of social workers and the social work profession
- To identify improvements in the organisation and delivery of social work services
- To develop a strong quality improvement framework and culture, supported by robust inspection
- To strengthen leadership and management giving clear direction to the service
- To ensure a competent and confident workforce
- To review and if necessary modernise legislation.