Alcohol, drugs and tobacco joint strategic needs assessment support pack
As part of their public health remit, local authorities are responsible for commissioning tobacco control, alcohol and drug interventions and services. This joint strategic needs assessment (JSNA) support pack – updated annually and in its third year – will help local areas to develop JSNAs and local joint health and wellbeing strategies which effectively address public health issues relating to alcohol, drug and, for the first time in 2014, tobacco use.
The pack covers four distinct topics:
1. Alcohol prevention, treatment and recovery for adults
2. Drug prevention, treatment and recovery for adults
3. Tobacco control
4. Young people’s substance misuse prevention and treatment, including alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
For each of these topics, there are two documents:
1. A series of good practice evidence-based prompts to help local areas assess need, plan and commission effective services and interventions.
2. Key data for each local area to help them commission effective prevention, treatment and recovery services and interventions.