End of first placement
1. PROFESSIONALISM - Identify and behave as a professional social worker, committed to professional development
Social workers are members of an internationally recognised profession. Our title is protected in UK law. We demonstrate professional commitment by taking responsibility for our conduct, practice, self-care and development. We seek and use supervision and other professional support. We promote excellent practice and challenge circumstances that compromise this. As representatives of the profession, we safeguard its reputation. We are accountable to people using services, the public, employers and the regulator. We take ethical decisions in the context of multiple accountabilities.
- recognise the role of the professional social worker in a range of contexts
- recognise the important role of supervision and make an active contribution
- demonstrate professionalism in terms of presentation, demeanour, reliability, honesty and respectfulness
- with guidance take responsibility for managing my time and workload effectively
- am able to show awareness of personal and professional boundaries in all contexts and media
- with guidance, recognise my limitations and how to seek advice
- recognise and seek to meet my own learning needs in response to practice experience
- show awareness of my own safety, health, wellbeing, self-care priorities and emotional resilience, and seek advice as necessary
- identify concerns about practice, procedures or ethos in the workplace and how they might be questioned and/or improved.