9. PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP – Promote the profession and good social work practice. Take responsibility for the professional learning and development of others. Develop personal influence and be part of the collective leadership and impact of the profession
We develop and show our leadership, individually and collectively, through promoting social work’s purpose, practices and impact. We achieve this through diverse activities, which may include: advancing practice, supervising, educating others, research, evaluation, using innovation and creativity, writing, using social media positively, being active in professional networks and bodies, contributing to policy and taking formal leadership/management roles. We promote organisational contexts conducive to good practice and learning. We work in partnership with people who use services and stakeholders in developing our leadership and aims for the profession.
- contribute to professional and organisational developments in my context, including developing skills to evaluate the value of new and existing models and interventions
- promote and develop social work’s purpose, practice and impact within my organisation, with colleagues including those of other disciplines, and more widely where appropriate
- play a leading role in practice development in the team and help sustain a learning culture
- provide supervision to colleagues as required and appropriate, continuing to develop supervisory skills. I support others to manage and prioritise work
- assess and manage the work of social work students and their ASYE
- may undertake Practice Educator training Standards Stage 2: Domain B and C
- contribute to collective/collaborative professional leadership through participating in or initiating purposeful peer support, social work forums, involvement in professional organisations and meetings within and/or outside my organisation
- seek, plan and undertake ongoing professional development and use diverse platforms and opportunities for learning within and outside my organisation/work setting.