End of last placement/completion
6. CRITICAL REFLECTION AND ANALYSIS - Apply critical reflection and analysis to inform and provide a rationale for professional decision-making
Social workers critically reflect on their practice, use analysis, apply professional judgement and reasoned discernment. We identify, evaluate and integrate multiple sources of knowledge and evidence. We continuously evaluate our impact and benefit to service users. We use supervision and other support to reflect on our work and sustain our practice and wellbeing. We apply our critical reflective skills to the context and conditions under which we practise. Our reflection enables us to challenge ourselves and others, and maintain our professional curiosity, creativity and self-awareness.
- routinely and effectively apply critical reflection and analysis to increasingly complex cases and situations
- draw on a wide range of evidence sources to inform decision-making
- ensure hypotheses and options are reviewed to inform judgement and decision-making
- demonstrate confidence and skills to provide professional opinion to social workers and other professionals
- apply and encourage in others use of imagination, creativity and curiosity in practice, exploring options to solve dilemmas and problems. I involve people who use services in reflections and creativity wherever possible.