Capabilities Within The Framework
Social workers are members of an internationally recognised profession, a title protected in UK law. Social workers demonstrate professional commitment by taking responsibility for their conduct, practice and learning, with support through supervision. As representatives of the social work profession they safeguard its reputation and are accountable to the professional regulator.
- Demonstrates an initial understanding of the role of the social worker
- Demonstrates motivation and commitment to qualify and practice as a social worker
- Identifies own potential strengths and weaknesses in relation to the role of social worker
- Demonstrates an initial understanding of the importance of personal resilience and adaptability in social work
- Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility for own learning and development.