In early September 2018 we sent all working category members full details of their renewal and information on how to renew if they pay by debit or credit card, or annual direct debit.
Sustaining and growing membership means we have a powerful collective voice. Our increasingly influential impact on policy, practice, employment and education across the UK is made possible by every member joining our collective effort. Our growing membership opens doors and makes a real difference.
Our reach and impact grows and we are absolutely committed to campaigning for positive change – such as challenging austerity policies, improving professional working conditions for social workers – and building a better, fairer society. Read about our key impacts in 2018/2018 and progress on our 2020 vision.
Year on year we are delighted to share a wider and improved range of support for members, development opportunities – with an increasing range of free or discounted CPD offers tailored to your needs - and more chances to connect and keep you informed.
We are really proud that our membership prices have remained the same for the past 6 years. Having held our fees for many years, from October 2018 we are making a minimal fee increase of 60p per month for full time employed and self-employed/independent membership categories. Our retired, student and unemployed categories will remain the same. This adjustment will cover the additional inflationary costs of providing BASW services, as well as enabling us to make upgrades and enhancements to the BASW offer.
If you pay by monthly direct debit and your circumstances are unchanged you do not need to do anything, your BASW membership will renew automatically.
If you pay by debit or credit card, please complete the form sent to you.
Pay by direct debit
You also have the option to switch to easier ways to pay such as a monthly or annual direct debit, information on how to do this was enclosed with your renewal - or you can download a new direct debit mandate and follow the instructions on the form.
Changes to your circumstances – make sure you’re protected
If your circumstances have changed, contact us to review your category for the forthcoming membership year.
- Please let us know immediately if the membership category description on the subscriptions page does not reflect your circumstances. Please note changes are only available from the time of notification and not retrospectively.
- If you are retiring, you may be eligible to move to our retired category. Please call us to discuss your options.
- If you are newly qualified but haven’t found employment, contact us to discuss extending your student rate until you find work, or until the end of our 2018/19 membership year. Do let us know before the deadline of 28th September if you’re continuing your studies and we’ll amend your membership category for the new membership year.
Keep up to date on important updates, offers, news, best practice, webinars and events through our e-bulletins. Log in to Member Home area to select your communication preferences.
Changes to personal or work contact details
If your home or work details have changed, please contact the membership team, or log-in to update your details online in the Member Home area.
Social Workers Union (SWU)
- If you would like to take up the opportunity to become part of SWU’s growing union, you can find out more here or call the SWU team on 0121 622 8413 / 8418 to opt in.
- If you are a SWU member and your work details have changed recently, do let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your membership number, new role, organisation and address, or update your details online in the Member Home area.
Proof of Insurance
For working category membership, your new verification of insurance will be available from 1st October. New insurance certificates for 2018/19 will be emailed to working category members at the end of September 2018, so please do check your contact details are up to date.
Claim tax back on your membership subscription
If you are a UK tax payer and pay for your BASW membership fee yourself, you can claim tax relief on professional association membership subscriptions. You can claim up to four years’ subscription fees.
How to get in touch or update your details
There are a number of ways to update your details, get in touch and provide feedback.
- CALL the Membership Team on 0121 622 8401 / 8405 / 8406 / 8419
- EMAIL email@example.com quoting your membership number
- Log in - using log in button in top right hand corner
- Logging in for the first time? To access our Member Home area and enhanced portal, click on log in on the top right-hand side of the BASW home page. Contact the team if you have any issues logging in.