Professional indemnity

All current, paid-up BASW members in a working category, including life members who are resident in the UK are covered by our professional indemnity insurance. To be insured for current, paid work, members must be in a working category of membership or a life member.

Retired BASW members are insured only in respect of claims arising out of any professional activities performed while they were members of BASW and provided that the individuals have maintained membership of BASW since retirement.

Should you need documentation that verifies your insurance cover as part of your BASW membership, please click on the links below. Remember the cover is only valid as long as your membership is current and up-to-date.

Please note that if you choose not to continue your BASW membership your insurance will become null and void.

It is then your responsibility to inform clients and business partners that you have no insurance.

Public liabilty

Independent members can sign up to the Independents Plus package which also includes public liability insurance, click here to find out more.

Please login to view your certificate(s)

Professional indemnity FAQs

Public liability FAQs