Social Work Awards 2021: Celebrating outstanding practice in our profession
12 BASW England members were finalists at this year's Social Work Awards...
The winners of the Social Work Awards were announced this week, with twelve BASW England members nominated for awards.
The annual Awards, which were live-streamed from London on Wednesday 17 November, represent an opportunity to come together and celebrate the outstanding achievements of social work practitioners and teams from across England.
Among the winners was BASW member Melanie Noel, who won Adult Social Worker of the Year.
Social Work Awards: BASW member finalists
The following BASW members were finalists at last night's awards:
Student Social Worker of the Year (Supported by Dorset Council)
- Abigail Davey, Anglia Ruskin University
Newly Qualified Social Worker of the Year (Supported by Waltham Forest Council)
- Guy Blacklock, Warwickshire County Council
- Finn Jarvis, Gloucestershire County Council
- Christine Norman, Dorset Council
- Michelle Pullen, Shropshire Council
- Marie-Anne Holland, Cafcass
Adult Social Worker of the Year (Supported by Wandsworth Borough Council)
- Melanie Noel, Essex County Council
- James Thomas, London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Children’s Social Worker of the Year (Supported by Children’s Social Work Matters)
- Paige McMahon, Derbyshire County Council
Mental Health Social Worker of the Year (Supported by Essex County Council)
- Daniel Wilding, Livewell Southwest
Social Justice Advocate Award (Supported by BASW England)
- Cynthia Minett, Gloucestershire County Council
- Wayne Reid, British Association of Social Workers
Every year, social workers are nominated by their colleagues in recognition of their dedicated and life-changing impact on the profession. In total, 25 social work professionals received awards for their outstanding social work practice over the last 18 months.
BASW would like to congratulate everyone nominated for an award - and thank all of our members who made the finals for their outstanding practice!