BJSW Editor’s Choice Video Podcast
NEW VIDEO PODCAST!
The editors of the British Journal of Social Work have launched a new series of Editor’s Choice Video Podcasts.
In the inaugural episode we hear Professor Vasilios Ioakimidis talking with Prof Harry Ferguson. On behalf of the research team, Harry presents an excellent example of ethnographic research in high risk child protection social work. Data was collected over 15 months, observing social workers in two different social work departments. The research questions asked:
How do social workers begin, develop and sustain relationships with children and families over time (or not)? and
What is the influence of organisational cultures, office designs and forms of staff support on social workers and their relationships with children and families?
Member discount for BJSW
Your BASW membership means you have a 70% discount off subscriptions (print is normally £144 each year), which is fantastic value.
- BASW members: Print and online £46 each year, (£3.83 per month via monthly Direct Debit)
- BASW members: Online only £34 each year. (£2.83 per month via monthly Direct Debit)
BASW members can subscribe to discounted BSJW now by completing this online form.
Not a member yet? - Join BASW today and secure your discounted journals, training and other benefits and services!
Get a taste of BJSW free online
- US Regional Issue of BJSW Free to access online for three months (until the end of May).
- Editor’s Choice articles free to read from every issue
- BASW Kay McDougall British Journal of Social Work Prize winning articles
- BJSW Special Issues
- BJSW Virtual Issues
Stay up to date with BJSW, sign up for e-alerts and receive an email to your inbox when the new issue or new content is published online
Harry explores how participant observation of social workers over time can provide deep insights into practice.