Trauma Informed Social Work Services Expert Advisory Group
The Scottish Government is seeking social workers, with a particular interest in trauma informed practice and approaches, to sit on a newly established trauma informed social work services expert advisory group.
The request is for members of the group to commit to providing advice on a range of actions and activities required to develop a trauma informed workforce and services, and related implementation supports. The group will meet every 2 months, with the first meeting set to take place on Monday 31st January, 10-12.
Social workers are wanted from the following areas of practice:
- Children and families
- Youth Justice
- Child Protection
- Children's Residential and/or Secure Care
- Mental Health Services
- Learning Disability Services
- Adult Social Work Services
- Adult Care Homes;
- Older People Services;
- Criminal Justice;
- Prison based Social Work
- Substance use services
The specific remit of the group is as follows:
- · To provide feedback on the proposed actions related to workforce education, skills and training
- · To provide advice, share information and inform activities to develop implementation supports
- · Ensure there are active and continued mechanisms for collaboration and participation in the proposed plan with those with lived experience of trauma
- · To ensure the proposed work makes a considerable contribution to Plan 21-24 - The Promise, specifically in relation to supporting the workforce.
If you are interested in joining or finding out more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.