Social Work England - Government response to SWE consultation on secondary legislation
The Department for Education and the Department for Health and Social Care have published the Government’s response to the consultation on the regulatory framework for the new specialist regulator for social workers in England: Social Work England.
Alongside the publication of the government response, the draft regulations have also been laid before Parliament.
This commences the Parliamentary scrutiny process.
Social Work England regulations will come into force when Social Work England takes over the regulation of social workers in England from the current regulator, the Health and Care Professions Council (subject to successful passage of the regulations through the Parliamentary process).
- The Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care (Fees) (Social Work England) Regulations 2018
- DfH / DfEd letter to BASW on Social Work England: Government response to SWE consultation on secondary legislation
- New chief executive of Social Work England urged to work with BASW England to promote excellent social work practice
- Social Work England advertise for five Executive Director roles
- Social Work England – fast facts (June 2018)
- Social Work England – Q&A
- BASW England and SWU respond to Government’s consultation on Social Work England: secondary legislative framework (Regulations)
SWE appointment rules
- Social Work England (SWE) launched their first public consultation on Social Work England’s appointment rules, which form part of the legislative framework underpinning the work of the organisation (November 2018).
BASW response to Social Work England on appointment rules. The consultation opened on 8 November and closed 19 December 2018. The full SWE consultation response can be found here, with the appointment rules found here.