Celebrate World Social Work Day 2019 with BASW
Promoting the importance of human relationships
Tuesday 19th March 2019 - Save the date!
The theme of World Social Work day on 19th March 2019 is 'Promoting the Importance of Human Relationships'.
BASW is planning activities and events across the whole of the UK.
19th March 2019. Kings College, London (KCL), England
A BASW event in association with Making Research Count which explores relationships in all aspects of social work practice
Featuring workshops by social workers and people that use services, on relationship-based practice in learning disability, social work practice with refugees and people experiencing poverty
The day will also see the formal launch of the Capabilities Statement and the CPD Pathway in social work with people with learning disabilities, which have been commissioned by the Department of Health and Social Care. This work is being led by BASW, with Support from Research in Practice for Adults (RiPfa).
- Mark Trewin/Katie Weeks, Office of Lyn Romeo, Chief Social Worker for Adults
- Her Excellency Karen-Mae Hill, High Commissioner, Antigua and Barbuda
- Professor Gillian Ruch, University of Sussex
- Professor Gavin Davidson, Queens University Belfast
- Professor John Devaney, University of Edinburgh
Plus practice led workshops, coproduced with individuals that use services, to explore relationship-based practice:
- Social work in refugee camps and places of armed conflict led by West Nile Consortium;
- Learning disability - led and facilitated by people with lived experience of learning disability (and using statutory learning disability services)
- Anti-poverty practice - by social work students and registered social workers.
BASW Cymru social work awards
w/c 18th March 2019, Wales.
BASW Cymru plan to hold our social work awards during World Social Work Week, this is a perfect time to celebrate a workforce that is going above and beyond to build, strengthen and promote human relationships.
The BASW Cymru team will be taking part in a collaborative event with Swansea, Cardiff and Houston Universities around the importance of professionalism in sustaining relationships in social work.
We will keep you posted on all these plans.
One day all-Ireland celebration of social work
19th March 2019. Dundalk, Northern Ireland
BASW Northern Ireland will be holding a one day all-Ireland celebration of social work with our colleagues from the IASW (Irish Association of Social Workers) in the Ballymascanlon Hotel, Dundalk.
The day will be around the theme of ‘Enabling Professionalism’ with Neil Thompson as the keynote speaker and will provide opportunities for workshop participation.
Further details will follow and we would encourage you to make this free event a must for your 2019 calendar.
BASW Photo Campaign
There will be prizes for the best picture.