British Journal of Social Work: Special issue 2013
The editors of the British Journal of Social Work invite submission of applications to act as guest editor(s) for a Special Issue with a publication month of March 2013 (Volume 43, No.2).
The guest editor(s) will work closely with the editors to manage the review process for the Special Issue.
It is intended that the issue will contain ten substantive papers (up to 7,000 words in length) focusing on a theme of direct relevance to the journal’s international social work readership. Recent and planned special issues include:
- 2006 – Globalization and Social work
- 2007 – Social work with Adults; 2008 – History of Social Work
- 2009 – Social Work in a Digital Age
- 2010 – Risk and Social Work, Critical Perspectives
- 2011 – Innovations in the Practice of Social Work Research
- 2012 -Social Work and Political Contexts: Engagement and Negotiation
Proposals should include the following information:
- Mechanism for soliciting papers
Prospective proposers are invited to discuss their ideas, informally with the editors, and in particular the timescale for managing the publication process.
Proposals must be submitted on or before Friday 2 December 2011 (preferably via email) to:
British Journal of Social Work Editorial Office
School of Sociology, Social Policy and Social Work Queens University Belfast
6 College Park
BELFAST BT7 1LP, email@example.com
All proposals will be considered by the Journal’s Editorial Board in December 2011 for a decision by the end of the year.