Social Work is an International Profession
- Interested in learning about social work in different countries?
- Interested in hearing about the challenges faced by social workers in different nations and their work to overcome them?
- Interested in new ideas and fresh perspectives?
Every two years the International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW) together with other partners holds a Global conference. In 2018 it is in Dublin. This provides a unique opportunity for social workers in the UK to participate.
To encourage the participation of front-line social workers or practice managers/team managers and social work students the International Development Fund is giving away 15 grants each worth up to: £1,000
The Conference ‘Social Work, Education and Social Development’ will run between 4th and 7th July, 2018.
To apply for a grant tell us in 300 words why you want to attend the conference, what you hope to gain from attending and what you hope to do with the experience.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
Applicants must submit their 300 words together with their name, contact details and their current role by the 31st March 2018 at the latest to email@example.com
The Small Print (Terms and Conditions)
- Please visit the conference website for more information before applying for a grant (www.swsd2018.org)
- Applicants must be BASW members
- Applicants must be front-line social workers, practice managers/team managers or social work students.
- Council members, BASW members on official BASW business and BASW employees are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must not have previously received a grant from the International Development Fund (IDF) in the last 12 months.
- Applicants must submit their 300 words together with their name, contact details and their current role by the 31 March 2018 at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IDF reserves the right to verify an applicant’s status.
- Successful applicants will need to make their own arrangements with their employer/university/practice placement for the necessary time off either through study leave, training day allowance, annual leave or other arrangements to attendthe conference.
- Successful applicants will be responsible for their own passport/visa arrangements.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend the conference for the full duration of the event i.e. 4-7 July 2018.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend a reception and photo-op at the conference organised by BASW.
- The conference fee (575 Euro or the student rate whichever is applicable) element of the grant will be paid directly to the conference organisers. No cash alternative will be provided.
- The remaining amount of the grant is for the successful applicant’s travel, accommodation, food and drink. Any costs incurred by the applicant in excess of this amount will not be reimbursed.
- Payments for alcoholic drink will not be reimbursed.
- Applicants will need to make their own arrangements for travel, accommodation, food and drink. For accommodation suggestions please see the conference website (www.swsd2018.org).
- Applicants will need to provide full receipts to demonstrate the costs incurred.
- If successful candidates need to withdraw from attendance prior to the conference they must inform the IDF of their reasons immediately at email@example.com.
- While many conference delegates will make on-going connections please note the conference is not an employment recruitment fair.