Working Together to End Racism in Social Work: Online Roundtable
Thursday 23rd March 2023
SASW's Anti-Racism Advisory Group is holding a roundtable event as part of World Social Work Month to explore actions to address racism in social work
In 2021, SASW published a report which highlighted that racism is experienced in Scottish social work settings. In 2022 we published our anti-racism action plan detailing how we would engage with and influence the social work community to make change. In March 2023, SASW’s Anti-Racism Advisory Group is hosting a roundtable event with stakeholders to hear what action has been taken to embed anti-racism across the social work profession so far.
A panel of contributors will highlight what they are doing in their organisations to promote anti-racism. There will then be opportunity for the audience to ask questions and reflect on what key actions are necessary to embed anti-racism in the profession.
The panel will consist of representatives from the following agencies:
- SASW’s Anti-Racism Advisory Group
- Office of the Chief Social Work Adviser
- Leadership & Talent Management, Scottish Government
- Social Work Scotland’s Chief Social Work Officer Group
- Higher Education Institute’s Anti-Racism Network
- Social Work Educational Partnership
- Scottish Social Services Council
- BASW UK’s Anti-Racism Lead
Participants can book a place to attend the event and take part in the discussion.