Talk to SWU: workplace issues webinar on 7 July 2021
A chance to talk with the Social Workers Union about workplace issues
This session will allow you to talk directly with the Social Workers Union about any work place issues you are experiencing.
This session is free to attend and you can talk directly to SWU about any workplace issues you are experiencing. The webinar is set up so that questions can be asked anonymously.
All UK social workers and social work students are invited to attend and engage with this online advice and representation session regardless of membership.
In this session a panel of Advice & Representation Officers along with a SWU Legal Advisor will answer questions from UK social workers and social work students. Some common issues experienced by our members include:
- Terms and conditions being changed or altered
- Facing re-organisation
- Experiencing bullying and harassment
Some of the questions that we will be discussing this session include:
- I have a health condition that makes me exempt from wearing a face mask. My employer is insisting that I wear one when I am in the office and has said that if I don’t, they will have to offer me an alternative job. Can they do this?
- How do I start a Tribunal claim? What are the time limits? What is ACAS Early Conciliation?
- Whistleblowing – what sorts of statements are protected? What is the right way to go about making a protected disclosure? Can I go to the press?
SWU and BASW members: Please ensure that you log in before booking for this session so that your CPD and event records will reflect your attendance of this event.