Social Pedagogical Leadership
This 4 day workshop will introduce participants to social pedagogy as an integrative ethical and theoretical framework for educational and social care practice. Participants will explore how they can apply key principles in social pedagogy into leadership and management roles to positively affect their teams, services and organisations. There will be a focus on value-based decision-making, developing equal collaborative relationships, facilitating reflective learning processes, creating shared life-spaces and ensuring ethical practice when working with people across the life course.
This workshop does not include an assessment. On completion, participants will be provided with a certificate of attendance which will include the CPD hours achieved.
On Completion participants will be able to:
- Understand social pedagogical theories and principles with regards to leadership
- Demonstrate a critical application of social pedagogical theories and principles to leadership practice
- Gain a systematic understanding of how social pedagogy can be used to initiate change and development within organisations
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of how social pedagogy can facilitate ethical relationship-based practice
- Demonstrate an ability to develop capital and potential within their organisation.
Charlotte Firing (ThemPra), Andy Carter (ThemPra), Lowis Charfe (UCLan, Course Leader for MA Social Pedagogy Leadership) and Ali Gardner (UCLan, Senior Lecturer).
How to book:
Advanced booking is required. Please contact the UCLan CPD team on 01772 893408 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form and payment instructions.
Catering, refreshments and car parking are not provided.
Visit www.uclan.ac.uk/socialworkcpd for details of all CPD events and courses available.