The Right Side of Regulation: Recording with Care
Part of BASW's Professional Development & Education Taught Skills Programme
***Date to be rescheduled***
Inadequate case records have often been cited as a factor in cases with tragic outcomes. This course is applicable to social workers in all settings and with all service user groups - children and adults.
By the end of the day participants:
- Will have a greater understanding of why and what we record.
- Will become more familiar with historical and current themes.
- Will review different Professional Standards in relation to recording.
- Will consider what laws have to say about record-keeping.
- Will explore how we use our records to form and evidence our ‘defensible-decisions’.
- Will reflect on how we will scrutinise our records and improve the way that we record…in order to improve our services and the support we provide.
Although this is thought of as a ‘dry’ subject, this day is anything but….and most participants leave feeling more confident about what and how to record better. It is a highly interactive and fun day! In 2018, Integritas trained over 137 staff on Recording With Care, of which 96.32% of attendees rated this day as “excellent” or “very good”.
Wendy Silberman is a Director of Integritas Support Ltd, a small, private company that aspires to promote the dignity, self-determination, legal and human rights of individuals. Integritas provides information and independent social work assessments for people with complex needs and training for practitioners and carers supporting them. Wendy is a dual qualified practitioner – social worker and teacher with over 40+ years of direct experience supporting individuals and their families/social support network in different community and organisational settings in both the UK and USA, where she originates. Wendy is a passionate advocate of Human Rights and authentic co-production, she is an advisor to The Board of We Can Do It Training (for 9 years) and collaborates with another service user organisation, Autism R Us, to ensure that an individual’s lived experience is incorporated into training to hear what can happen when ‘process’ over-rides ‘humanity’.
Soundbites from previous participants:
"This is an important course for all social workers"
"All very helpful. Enjoyable, engaging and informative"
"Really enjoyed this day. Thank-you!"