Return to Social Work Opportunities
- Attendance at Workshops
- Study towards a 20 credit module (week of workshops and assessment) PLUS shadowing opportunity
Attendance at workshops:
You can attend 1 ,2, 3, 4 or all 5 days from a week of workshops.
The week of workshops will cover:
- The current legislative and policy contexts for practice
- Theory, methods and evidence based practice
- Consideration of the contemporary nature of social work practice.
A range of specialist areas of social work practice will be focused on during this week including:
- Children and Families Social Work
- Mental Health
- Social Pedagogy
- Working with Adults
There will also be sessions to support candidates with; job applications and interview skills, applying to join the social work register and requirements for continuing professional development (CPD). A range of academic staff and practitioners will contribute to the variety of sessions provided.
At the end of the week of workshops participants will be able to:
- Reflect upon a range of social work practice areas and the theory and legislative context in which they are currently practiced
- Better understand how to apply to join the social work register and the requirements for ongoing professional development
- Consider approaches to securing social work employment.
Study towards a module:
The module route requires attendance at the week of workshops, and successful completion of a reflective written essay based on your learning and professional development. Full guidance will be given.
If undertaking the module route you will also be offered the option to undertake shadowing experience which UCLan will organise for you within a social work team in the Greater Lancashire area. More information is provided on enquiry.
Who should attend?
Designed for qualified social workers who have not been in social work practice recently or at all since graduation. It supports you to reengage with social work knowledge, law and contemporary practice which is essential for those wishing to apply to join the social work register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)*.
Workshops (per day) £100
Module route (week of workshops and assessment, plus optional shadowing) £650
How to Book:
For more information and booking instructions please contact the UCLan CPD team on email@example.com or 01772 893408.