Music, Dance and Poetry: Celebrating World Social Work Day through Creative Collaboration
Showcasing the talents of BASW members and people with lived experience, including musicians, poets and dancers
This event will is a celebration of the creativity of social workers across the global community on World Social Work Day 2021. It will consist of a showcase of music, poetry, and dance and will be led by both social workers and those with lived experience.
What to expect
- Musically talented BASW members have come together to create a music video in celebration of World Social Work Day.
- A cover of a song that members feel captured the Ubuntu theme
- Contribution of instrumental, vocal and technical talents from members including: Alie Sea, Pete Feldon, Steve Ambler, Colin Newland, Angi Naylor, John McGowan, Hannah Branton, Phil Rigotto, Annette Yolanda-Bells and Rebekah Pierre
- Join us to hear poetry from 'J' Ahmed - Co-Production Partner, Healthwatch Salford and expert by experience
- 'J' will share poetry on the themes of Ubuntu, Social Work and Black Lives Matter
Ali Sea, Consultant Social Worker, will lead us in an energising dance session
Get your blood pumping with fun and simple dance moves that will be brought together to create a whole routine
BASW Professional Officer, Rebekah Pierre, will close this event with a reflection on the past year and a focus on our hopes for the future.