Black & Ethnic Minority Professionals Symposium (BPS) - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
An informal online space for black and ethnic minority social workers (15 places max). Involvement will contribute towards your social work registration continuous professional development (CPD) hours.
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS EVENT
- To provide a safe space for black and ethnic minority social workers to offload
- A caucus that generates strategies and tactics to influence social work policy, practice and education
- To role-model black and ethnic minority excellence, professionalism and unity
- To evaluate existing frameworks and systems within social work to improve the impact they have on black and ethnic minority social workers
- To partner with relevant external agencies and organisations to promote black and ethnic minority empowerment and professional credibility.
Interested BASW members must complete an application form and demonstrate the following:
- How they feel they can contribute to the aims/objectives of the group (provide examples)
- What do they think of the role and remit of the group
- How they can work in a constructive and productive way given the role and remit of the group (provide examples)
- What knowledge, skills and expertise they bring to the group (provide examples)
- An understanding of the current issues that face black and ethnic minority people locally, nationally and internationally (provide examples).
- This opportunity is limited to a maximum of 15 Black & Ethnic Minority social workers due to limited capacity.
- Applicants must be BASW members.
- Applicants will be selected purely on merit and how they can demonstrate meeting the requirements in the person specification. No places are guaranteed.
- An application form must be completed and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15/07/20.
- Due to the anticipated interest a waiting list will be created for people who are not selected initially, but who meet the criteria and may be invited to join the group at a later date.
For more information or to request your application form, email email@example.com.