BASW England - The Role of Social Workers in Disasters
NCASC Conference Fringe Event
With speakers representing Hillsborough, Grenfell and the Manchester bombing, we will be looking from the perspective of those who have lived through these tragic events and those working to develop and re-define the role of social workers and to improve training and preparedness for such events in the future.
- Margaret Aspinall, Hillsbrough Family Suport Group
- Mariam Raja, Social Worker - Chelsea and Westminster Council
- Bernadette Enright, Director of Adult Services - Children & Families Directorate, Manchester City Council
- Lyn Romeo, Chief Social Worker (Adults) - Department of Health and Social Care
- Gill Vickers, Statutory Director of Adult Social Services (DASS) for Bracknell Forest
6.00pm - Refreshments and networking
6.20pm - Speakers
7.30pm - Q & A Session
More details to follow. Details subject to change
Join BASW England at this free fringe event, to learn more about the role of social workers in disasters and the important role they play.