BASW England London Local Authority Forum - Deaf Awareness Training
Join our reflective space for social workers in Greater London
The London LA forum will discuss how to accommodate the needs of the deaf community in child protection processes. This session will provide a short overview of:
- How to develop an understanding of the specific needs of deaf children and families in child protection processes
- How address common issues faced by deaf children and families within the child protection process
- Understanding of deaf culture
There will also be a time dedicated to reflective discussion and application to practice case studies.
Book your place below to receive joining instructions.
About the London Local Authority Forum
BASW England has created the London Local Authority Forum which meets at 1pm on the first Wednesday of every month.
Through these regular forums, we aim to -
- To create a safe space for peer-to-peer support across London, which knows no geographical boundary.
- To capture and share best practice from both grassroots and senior levels, ensuring that crucial knowledge is circulated in a timely manner. From here, BASW can signpost social workers to training opportunities, CPD, as well as our campaigns in specialist areas, where social workers can make a real change to practice and policy.
- To provide a forum to celebrate diversity and to provide support for social workers of diverse backgrounds across Black and Ethnic Minority Communities, LGBT+, Gender and Disability.
If you would like to be added to a mailing list and/or Facebook Group for alerts about upcoming events or join, please email email@example.com with your name, email address, membership number (if applicable) and Local authority.
These events are open to social workers employed by Local Authorities in Greater London only. If you would like to attend a similar forums then please visit our events page to view our fantastic range of events.