BASW England Conference and Membership Meeting 2018
Contemporary social work and social work issues in the 2020's
This full day conference, exhibition and membership meeting will take place on Friday, 7th September at M Shed Museum in Bristol.
Please download the poster/flyer and share with your networks.
Featuring keynote speaker Lord Patel of Bradford OBE, Chair of Social Work England. And Margaret Wilcox OBE, Commissioning Director Adults & DASS, Gloucestershire County Council who will be speaking about ‘Social Care – the next 10 years’ .
Delegates have the opportunity to attend 2 masterclasses from a choice of 6 covering topics including:
- "Digital and Holistic Safeguarding of Children and Young People" - Claudia Megele, Head of Service for Quality Assurance and Principal Social Worker at Wiltshire Council
- "How Do We Best Address Modern Slavery?" - Detective Sargent Deborah Hurst (Greater Manchester Police, Modern Slavery Co-ordination Unit, Serious Crime Division)
- "Preventing Violent Extremism" - Joan Franklin
- "Making Ethical Decisions About How Adults and Carers Needs are Best Met - developing guidance on applying the BASW Code of Ethics to the Care Act 2014" - Pete Feldon, Chair of BASW Adult PPEG
- "An Exploration of BASW Disabled Adults Social Work Charter" - Service Users and Carers Group
- "How NICE will Serve Social Workers in a World of Evidence Informed Practice" - Charlotte Goulding and Anne Weist, NICE
There will also be an opportunity at the end of the conference for delegates to join a tour of M Shed Museum, including the exhibition on the Slave Trade.
This programme is designed to allow delegates equal time in conference streams and networking.
This event is supported by Attenti Consulting.
BASW England Poster Competition 2018
BASW is holding a poster exhibition at this event and you are invited to take part. This is your opportunity to capture the imagination of your peers and colleagues, demonstrating your vision for Social Work in 2020.
Whether your focus is Children & Families, Social Justice, Mental Health, Social Work with Adults or Learning and Development create a poster with your thoughts and/or research and BASW England will display the 12 finalists at the BASW England Conference on Friday, 7th September at M Sheds Museum in Bristol Docklands.
The BASW England Poster Competition is open to all Social Workers, NQSWs and Social Work Students. It’s free to enter and those short-listed will be invited to present your poster at the conference.
The winner of this poster competion, and three runners-up will be drawn and awarded on the day. Photographs of the winners will appear in BASW England PSW magazine after the event.
Download "Guidelines to Submit Your Poster" here
Become a Sponsor or Exhibitor
Sponsoring this event or taking an exhibition stand are perfect ways for you to highlight your brand to up to a targeted 200 social workers at the BASW England Conference 2018 in Bristol and to extend that reach to BASW England 20,000 members as a whole.