BASW England National Standing Committee (2022 – 2024)
Vacancies – Chair, Vice Chair
Are you -
- Passionate about social work and making a difference to the lives of vulnerable people?
- Committed to inclusivity, anti-racist, anti-discriminatory and oppressive practice, equal opportunities and embracing diversity?
- Committed to high standards of frontline practice and making relationships count?
- Able to demonstrate membership leadership skills and a commitment to ethical practice and a strong value base?
- Interested in shaping and influencing the future work of the BASW England Committee?
- Keen to be an advocate for the profession through campaigning activity?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the BASW England Chair and Vice Chair positions on the England National Standing Committee (NSC). We welcome applications from all parts of the sector including social workers in direct practice, specialist fields, managers, academics, practice educators, independent social workers, and those working in diverse settings.
BASW England seeks to increase the diversity and representativeness of the England Committee. The Committee meets 5 times a year and this also counts as continual professional development to help maintain your registration.
Those interested in being involved in the work of the BASW England Committee are invited to apply by Monday 1st Novemer 2021. Successful candidates will be invited to the committee meeting on the 17th November.
Candidates are elected for two years and can stand again for re-election for a further two-year period. Travel and overnight expenses will be paid; there is additional financial assistance for the position of Chair.
To view the role descriptions click here
To complete the online application form click here
If you would prefer the application form in a word document and for further information and assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org