A vision for the next five years
At BASW's Annual General Meeting in September 2020, BASW agreed our organisational Mission and our Vision for social work and social workers up to 2025.
Our new Vision for 2025 is that “Social work will be a thriving, influential, respected profession, improving lives and upholding people’s rights across the UK.”
Our organisation Mission clarifies what we do, why we do it and who for.
- For social workers: Supporting, protecting and inspiring social workers in all roles, and the next generations of professionals.
- For social work: Developing professional ethics, practice, knowledge, research and learning.
- For a better society: Speaking out for social work and social workers on social justice, equality, poverty, human rights, oppression and other vital social issues in the UK and internationally.
Priorities to fulfil our Mission and move towards our Vision in 2021 were also set out, and include; support for more social workers to improve practice through learning, work more closely with people with lived experience, promoting the value of social work, promotion of the role of social work across multidisciplinary teams, campaigning, promoting anti-oppressive and ethical work widely, challenging social injustice and racism and promoting human rights.
We will also continue to develop our international work and adapt our work to meet the needs of our members, people using services and society throughout Covid 19.
BASW chief executive, Ruth Allen, outlined that the 2025 Mission and Vision follows the success of our unifying 5 year ‘2020 Vision’ for the association – to be the strong, independent voice of social work and social workers.
This intention is embedded in the association now and we look forward to new challenges and growth in the association including more focus on developing the profession of social work, our partnerships, including with people who use services, and raising social workers’ voices for a more just and better society, alongside growth of the association.
- Annual Report 2019 - a review of work to year end 30 September 2019
- For a full review of the AGM in September 2020 read more here.
- View BASW impact report Oct 2019 - Sept 2020
- See the BASW Covid-19 updates for our work to support social workers, social work and people that use services during the pandemic.
- View the Annual report and financial statements for year ended September 2018 here.
- BASW Impact Report - October 2018 to September 2019
- Annual report and Financial Statements for year ended 30th September 2017
- A 2020 Vision summary update was produced for 2016 to highlight the year’s achievements.