Why Join & Why You Might Need Us
Every year, the Social Workers Union and BASW’s related Advice & Representation Service help over 1,000 social workers with a range of different situations, from the small and easily resolved, to more significant and prolonged conduct issues.
Here are just some of the issues we help members with each year :
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures, including representation at internal hearings
- Investigations into professional social work practice and allegations of misconduct
- Issue around inequality in employment and access to training
- Student placement difficulties and failures
- Conduct hearings with the four regulators: the Health and Care Professions Council in England (HCPC), the Care Council for Wales (CCW), the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- Representation at Employment Tribunals
Get all the details about our Advice and Representation service by downloading our leaflet.